Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do you remove the hydraulic clutch line from the transmission on a 1992 Ford Ranger?

I'm trying to change the clutch in my 1992 Ford Ranger 2 wheel drive 3.0 V6 I have everything disconnected except for the hydraulic clutch line I went a bought the special tool to do this and I still cant get the line to come out. I tryed using the tool to push the white ring in towards the transmission/slave cylinder and it does niot seem to want to move. can anyone explain what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to remove this line it is the only thing keeping me from droping this trans and replacing the clutch. thank you.How do you remove the hydraulic clutch line from the transmission on a 1992 Ford Ranger?
Sounds like you are doing what needs to be done. Maybe there is dirt in the retainer keeping it from moving. Try spraying some penetrating fluid around it. Also try pushing in on the line and twisting while pressing the white collar, then pull outward%26gt;How do you remove the hydraulic clutch line from the transmission on a 1992 Ford Ranger?
Disconnect the coupling at the transmission, using the clutch coupling removal tool T88T-70522-A or equivalent. Slide the white plastic sleeve toward the slave cylinder while applying a slight tug on the tube.



http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/090