Thursday, June 2, 2011

How long to change a clutch in a 95 camaro Z28?

I have to put a new clutch in my 95 camaro Z28 LT1 with a 6 speed manual . My rear seal is leaking bad so it leaked oil all over the clutch and now it slips like crazy. So I bought a new rear main seal and a new clutch kit. I am a pretty skilled mechanic I'm just curiouse if any one has ever done one and what I am up against. How long does anybody know will it take to do this job?How long to change a clutch in a 95 camaro Z28?
It's all common sense. Driveshaft, exhaust, crossmember, starter, trans, pressure plate, flywheel...in that order. You'll have to take the flywheel somewhere to get it resurfaced, but it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm not sure about your seal...I own a fox chassis Mustang, not a Chevy...I don't see how it could be much different though. Installation is reverse of removal. Don't forget trans fluid. Do yourself a favor...Go real easy on the new clutch for the first 500 or so miles. A well broken-in clutch grabs MUCH better than one that wasn't treated well. To answer your question: With the car on jackstands I'd say maybe one Saturday if you don't run into any major snags. Last thing...Tag ang bag your bolts and pay attention to the way **** came apart.How long to change a clutch in a 95 camaro Z28?
it takes like 2 hours, youll be fineHow long to change a clutch in a 95 camaro Z28?
Depends on shop, tools, and experience. Usually a good mechanic can do this in about 3-4 hours.