Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the clutch cable on my motorcycle?

i have a 2005 kawasaki zx636.... my clutch cable suddenly snapped.... does anyone know why??? too tight??? how should it be?? and also is it easy to change it??? thanksHow do I change the clutch cable on my motorcycle?
Clutch cables break, it's a part of life. Not a big deal. Order a new clutch cable, disconnect the old, pull it out, pull the new one in, connect, adjust.



When I did mine I taped a cord to the old cable. Pulled the old cable out, used the cord to pull the new cable in. Didn't have to take anything off the bike.How do I change the clutch cable on my motorcycle?
i remember something similar to that in a two wheel tuner mag. recently i dont remember what they said about tho. good luck on fixing it. sry i couldnt help. but if you get 2wt try checkin in there i think it was like 3 months ago maybe?How do I change the clutch cable on my motorcycle?
You probably haven't been doing your maintenance, you have to keep the cables lubed...

Changing the cable isn't a big deal, take the broken one off and put the new one on.....How do I change the clutch cable on my motorcycle?
clutch cable is easy to change but the adjustment needs to be right if you do not know how to do it find someone who does