Saturday, November 20, 2010

How long should a factory fitted clutch last in my Civic Type-R?

My clutch has gone after only 14,500 miles. The garage are trying to tell me it is down to driving style!! I'm 39 and only ever needed to change clutches on 2 cars before now - both had done approx. 80,000 miles.How long should a factory fitted clutch last in my Civic Type-R?
Maybe your son has been borrowing then?How long should a factory fitted clutch last in my Civic Type-R?
hi. It is prob to do with your driving all right. Do you double clutch to keep the revs up to keep the vtech power on? thats what wrecked mine...How long should a factory fitted clutch last in my Civic Type-R?
You should have your fly wheel check as well. If it's not smooth, it will wear out your clutch plate faster.How long should a factory fitted clutch last in my Civic Type-R?
its down to how you are driving the car

perhaps next time you should consider a performance clutch