Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fiesta revs when I press the clutch?

I've got a '98 Fiesta Ghia 1.3, took it from London to Devon and back yesterday, everything was going fine down to Devon but when I got in to Exeter the engine started reving when I pressed the clutch to change gear or stop. If I switched the engine off for a while and came back to the car it was fine for a while but then started it again. Thought it might be the accelerator cable sticking so put some WD40 on it but read somewhere that it might be the idle valve, if it is can anyone tell me where to find it and what needs adjusting or any other suggestions for what might be causing it and how I can fix it myself.Fiesta revs when I press the clutch?
ive had this, i just dipped the idle sensor in petrol and it was okFiesta revs when I press the clutch?
Might be your clutch or your idle air control valve, take it to a mechanic, tell them the symptoms, and ask for a diagnostic. Dont just throw money for a new clutch when you dont know the problem.Fiesta revs when I press the clutch?
its your clutch. you need a new onem, go to any garage they can do it, or if you like you can. best to buy a haunes workshop manual for your car form halfords.

good luckFiesta revs when I press the clutch?
if this thing is steady reving..i would put my money on the idle air valve.

its right there with your throttle body.long round deal.usually silver in color..electric plug and two or three bolts holding it on.i have seen some on the back side of the.throttle body.makeing it harder to change.to get the bolts out..its easy to change.when they go they go..if you take it off.you can look in the hole and see if its cloged up or something.but i do not think any cleaning will.make it work..