Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What are the benefits of switching from your standard oil pump to a high performance one.?

Soon I will be changing my clutch kit on my 75 chev. nova. A good time to make this change, however I would like to know if it would be worth the expense. How would my car benefit from such a change. If so, can you recommend a good one for a 75 chev. nova. 250 eng. 4.1. Thanks very much.What are the benefits of switching from your standard oil pump to a high performance one.?
Generally that would be good if you had a high performance engine pushing quite a bit of HP. Since your Nova only has the 6cyl (im not putting it down or anything) it probably wouldnt really be worth the added expense.What are the benefits of switching from your standard oil pump to a high performance one.?
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to soup up your car, a four banger? If I'm not mistaken you have a mechanical oil pump and a mechanical fuel pump. I can't see any benefit in replacing the oil pump unless something is wrong with the present one.What are the benefits of switching from your standard oil pump to a high performance one.?
You will gain 50 hp. and 13mpg. with this change. double that if you use slick 50