Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to change a mazda miata clutch slave cylinder INSIDE the transmission?

So I have all the symptoms of a bad slave cylinder but it turns out the slave behind my wheel is just fine. I am being told there is another slave INSIDE the transmission - is this true? If so, that is beyond my ability to repair so I'd like to know how much to expect for a repair of this nature and I'd also like links or instructions on how the repair is done.



PLEASE NOTE: The issue is NOT the slave cylinder behind my wheel, I have checked and this is completely fine.How to change a mazda miata clutch slave cylinder INSIDE the transmission?
ok some are bolted on the side of the motor, while other are in side the bell housing, if it the the one in side the bell, you need to pull thr tranHow to change a mazda miata clutch slave cylinder INSIDE the transmission?
%26quot;Behind the wheel%26quot;?

There are two cylinders on a Miata clutch. The master (on the fire wall) and the slave (down by the clutch bell housing).

So if you have a manual transmission and it is not the slave, then it is either the master or a hydraulic line failure.