Thursday, September 22, 2011

Worth buying 1997 gti golf?

I am thinking about buying a '97 gti golf with 150,000km asking price is $4,400 and comes with winter tires.

The timing belt has been changed but not the clutch.

Minor rust, very clean.



I am wondering will I have to change the clutch anytime soon, and how much do you think it will cost?

I will try to offer something under $4,000 see as clutches usually need changing around 100,000km.



If I got the car for something around $3,800

...would it be worth it? seeing as the clutch needs to soon be changed.

And this is my first VW, and feedback on the car would be apreciated.



Thanks...Worth buying 1997 gti golf?
yep I am geting a 98 gti 2.0 clutch are easy to do your self.Worth buying 1997 gti golf?
I wouldn't worry too much about the clutch as I would about the rest of the car. Is it the 2.0 or is it the VR6? Most of the car should be fine but if you want real performance I'd go with the VR6.