Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can i check if my fan clutch has gone bad?

I replaced the fan clutch on my truck about a a year ago. Well now the truck seem to be having the same problems as id did before i changed the fan clutch. When i hit about 65 or so i try to git it gas and it seems like if i tapped the brake. Sometimes it also does it while at lower speeds. Like if i'm in second gear and i go to 3500 rpm it also seems like i looses power. So if anyone know how to check for a badd fan clutch please let me know. I know i can take it to a shop but i trying thing that are not going to cost me anything before i decide to take it in to be checked. So any help apresiated thanks.How can i check if my fan clutch has gone bad?
I really doubt your fan clutch would be causing you experience a noticable reduction of power... Sounds to me like something is out of wack internally in the engine.



If the fan clutch is actually bad, it will just stay engaged all the time but thats not going to cause you significant power losses...



If its stumbling when you hammer the gas, then its a spark/fuel mixture problem...